The award, sponsored by the Urban Land Institute (ULI), recognizes projects that demonstrate exceptional achievement of best practices in real estate development. Entries had to be consistent with the ULI mission, which includes the responsible use of land and creating and/or sustaining thriving communities. Nominations were considered from private, public and non-profit sectors.
The Judging Criteria included:
- Resourceful and responsible use of land
- Preservation or enhancement of environmental or cultural resources
- Entrepreneurship or creativity in team organization and management
- Demonstrated economic/financial success. Nonprofit and public projects are exempt from the financial viability requirement; however community reaction is also taken into consideration
- Innovative design and planning features
- Filling of a special societal or market need
- Creative solutions to unusual or difficult obstacles to development, including financial
- Contribution to the quality of the community’s built environment
Axis, which was completed earlier this year, combines the excitement of downtown Indianapolis and the splendor of luxury apartment living. Conveniently located within the Mile Square, Axis provides easy and efficient access to home, work and leisure destinations, including a 42,000 square foot urban MARSH Supermarket on the first floor.
Supported by fabulous amenities and unrivaled community features, Axis includes 37,000 square feet of combined interior and exterior play space, featuring a Sky Bar with city views, an Aqua Lounge, resort-style pool, a 24-hour state-of-the-art fitness center and a Great Lawn open area.
The Monumental Awards ceremony, organized with assistance from the Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS), honored the most significant achievements by individuals and businesses that contribute to excellence in architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, construction, real estate development, neighborhood revitalization, engineering, innovative reuse and public art throughout the Indianapolis region.
Winners are selected by an impartial jury of community and professional leaders from the Indianapolis region.